Share It On :
Directions (Q. 1 - 5 ) Which of the phrases (1), (2), (3) and (4) given below each sentence should replace the word/phrase printed in bold in the sentence to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is given and no correction is required, mark (5) as the answer.
1. US Secretary of State made it clear that time running out for diplomacy over Iran’s nuclear programme and said that talks aimed at preventing Tehran from acquiring a nuclear weapon would resume in April.
Was running out
No correction required
2. While the war of the generals rage on, somewhere in small town India, wonderful things are happening, quietly and minus fanfare.
3. According to WWF, the small Island nation of Samoa was the first in switch off its lights for Earth Hour.
First to switch off
The first to switch off
The first of switch off
First in switch off
4. The campaign is significant because not just the youths are directly appealing to the World but because their efforts challenge the chimera of normalcy in the area.
Not just because
Just not because
5. The doctor’s association has threatened to go on indefinite strike support of their teachers.
on supporting to
in support of