Share It On :
Directions (Q. 1-5) Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank which best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
1. Much of the ____ that cricket has is due to the fact it is a ____ sport.
2. Since foggy weather ____ visibility by several meters, the railways has either partially ____ or diverted some of the trains.
Impairs, called off
3. The once ____ district is gradually being ____ of its green cover.
4. The pilot knew she would be able to see the ____ lights of the city from her cockpit window, but she would not see the fireworks explode to welcome the New Year as she would have ____ to cruising altitude.
5. The New Year has ____ in good news for city hotels as most properties are ____ for the whole month.