Share It On :
Directions (Q. 1-5) Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank which best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
1. Adding to a growing body of research ____ cutting back on sweetened beverages it is now found that drinking ____ sugary drinks may help lower blood pressure.
2. The blame game for the air tragedy is already in full ____ with the authorities involved making attempts to ____ for themselves.
3. The actress, wearing a dark gray suit and open necked shirt, sat ____ the proceedings looking nervous throughout, occasionally frowning as her lawyer ____ with the judge.
4. It was an excellent social evening with people from all ____ of life getting a chance to let their hair ____.
5. There can be no denying the fact that in sports, star coaches have the ____ to get something extra out of their ____.