Share It On :
Directions (Q. 1-5) In each question below is given a statement followed by three assumptions (A), (B) and (C). An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted. You have to consider the statements and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
1. Statement: The Government has decided to auction construction of highways to private entities in several blocks across the country on build-operate-transfer basis.
Which of the following assumption(s) is/are implicit in the above statement?
(A) An adequate number of private entities may not respond to the Government’s auction notification.
(B) Many private entities in the country are capable of constructing highways within reasonable time.
(C) The Government’s proposal of build-operate-transfer may financially benefit the private entities.
Only (A) and (B) are implicit
Only (B) and (C) are implicit
Only (B) is implicit
Only (A) and (C) are implicit
None of these
2. Statement: Government has urged all the citizens to use electronic media for carrying out their daily activities, whenever possible, instead of using paper as the manufacture of paper requires the cutting down of a large number of trees causing severe damage to the ecosystem.
(A) Most people may be capable of using electronic media to carry out various routines.
(B) Most people may have access to electronic media for carrying out their daily routine activities.
(C) People at large may reject the Government’s appeal and continue using paper as before.
Only (A) is implicit
Only (C) is implicit
3. Statement: The apex body controlling universities in the country has decided to revise the syllabus of all the technical courses to make them focused towards the present needs of the industry thereby making the technical graduates more employable than they are at present.
(A) Technical colleges affiliated to different universities may not welcome the apex body’s decision and may continue with the same syllabus as at present.
(B) The industry may welcome the decision of the apex body and scale up their hiring from these colleges.
(C) The Government may not allow the apex body to implement its decision in all the colleges as it may lead to chaos.
None is implicit
4. Statement: Police authority cordoned off the entire locality for the entire day and stopped all vehicular movement for the visit of a top functionary of the government in view of the threat perception and advised all the residents in the area to limit their movement outside their dwellings.
(A) Police personnel may not be able to control the vehicular movement in the locality and may seek help from the armed forces.
(B) People living in the locality may move out of their houses for the day to avoid inconvenience.
(C) The Government functionary may request the police authority to lift the ban on movement residents of the locality outside their dwellings.
5. Statement: The airlines have requested all their bonfire passengers to check the status of flight operations before leaving their homes as heavy fog is causing immense problems to normal flight operations.
(A) The majority of the air passengers may check the flight status before starting their journey to the airport.
(B) The Government may take serious objection to the notice issued by the airline company.
(C) Majority of the passengers may cancel their tickets and postpone their journey till the situation becomes normal.