Share It On :
1. A man sells to a customer half of his stock of oranges and one orange more from his remaining stock. To the second customer he gives half of his remaining stock of oranges and one orange more from his stock, and so also to a third and then to the fourth customer. He finds that he was now left with 25 oranges. How many oranges he had in the beginning stage?
2. Two different numbers when divided by the same divisor, leave remainders 15 and 39 respectively, and when their sum was divided by the same divisor, the remainder was 7. What is the divisor?
3. a = 1000, b = 1001, c = 1002. then find the value of a2 + b2 + c2 — ab — bc — ca.
4. A rise of 25% in the price of oranges compels a person to buy 50 oranges less for Rs. 500. Find the increased price of oranges per dozen?
5. Two sides of a rectangle are measured. The measure of one side is too big by 4% of its true length and that of the other is too short by 5% of its true length. Find the error percent in the measure obtained for the area of rectangle?