Share It On :
1. A man walked diagonally across a rectangular field whose length and width are 4 m and 3 m respectively. What percent of the distance is saved by not walking along the edges?
2. In an examination 40% students failed in Mathematics and 30% failed in English, while 20% failed in Mathematics and English both. What percentage of the students passed in both?
None of these
3. A 15 litre mixture of alcohol and water contains 20% alcohol and rest water. If 3 litres of water is added in it, then percentage of alcohol in the new mixture will be:
4. The length of a rectangle is increased by 60%. By what percentage would the width have to be decreased to maintain the same area?
5. Due to an increase of 15% in the price of milk, a family reduces its consumption of milk by 15%. What is the effect in the expenditure of the family on account of milk?
2.50 % increase