Share It On :
Directions : in the question two statements are given followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the two statements to. be true, even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given conclusion can definitely be drawn from the given statements. Indicate your answer.
1. Statements: 1. Science has brought the gadgets of happiness, prosperity and wealth.
2. Science has not solved the problems of overpopulation.
I. Overpopulation is due to unscientific thinking.
II. Science has not helped world peace.
Conclusion I follows
Conclusion II follows
Conclusion I and II both follow
Conclusion I and II both do not follow
Directions: A statement followed by two assumptions I and II is given. You have to consider the statement to be true even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement. Indicate which one of the four given alternatives is correct.
2. Statement : Some men wear spectacles.
I. They want to look handsome.
II. The spectacles help them to see properly.
Only I is implicit
Only II is implicit
Both I and II are implicit
Neither I nor II is implicit
Directions (3-4): Kiran walks 20 m north, he turns right and walks 30 m, then he turns right and walks 35 m, then he turns left and walks 15 m, then he turns left and walks 15 m, he again turns left and walks 15 m.
3. How far Kiran is from his starting point?
4. Which direction is Kiran facing now?
5. Vijit walks 10 metres westward, then turns left and walks 10 metres. He then again turns left and walks 10 metres. He takes a 45 degree turn rightwards and walks straight. In which direction is he walking now?